Recipe for Honey Lavender Syrup, Substitute for Lavender Infused Honey
The “Cocktail Corner” in our July/August issue features Tequila Escape’s Lavender Bee’s Knees. Tequila Escape’s mixologists use lavender-infused honey, but if you don’t have that you can easily substitute a homemade lavender simple syrup. With just three ingredients, it couldn’t be easier to make! Here’s the recipe.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers (fresh or dried)
- Heat water in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- Add honey and lavender leaves or buds, stir until the honey is completely disolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and into an airtight container.
- Syrup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Photo Credit: Amanda Duff | Taken at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth, Connecticut